BrightAuthor 3.8 has gone Beta and is now available for public distribution. You can download BrightAuthor version 220.127.116.11 from the Software Downloads page.
We would like to thank everyone who participated in the BrightAuthor Alpha program: Your feedback was invaluable for improving the presentation preview feature and creating an overall better final build. If you took part in the Alpha program, and wish to see a list of changes between Alpha and Beta builds of BrightAuthor 3.8, you can view this post in the Alpha Forum.
The following list outlines the most important new features in BrightAuthor 3.8. To learn how to use these features, please see the BrightAuthor User Guide 3.8.
- Presentation preview
- BrightWall (enhanced video-wall synchronization)
- Copy/Paste, Export/Import states
- Superstates: The ability to layer interactive playlists and transition between them.
- Exit commands: You can now specify Advanced Commands to occur when a state or media file is entered or exited.
- Presentation autosave/backup feature
- Ability to interrupt scheduled presentations
- Custom fonts for HTML5 states
- HTML manifest caching
- Option to resize images that are too large
- Notes section for each state
There are numerous other features, fixes, and improvements in this release; to view them all, click on the Release Notes PDF link next to the Download Now button (the notes are also included in the update .zip file).