Last Updated: October 20, 2016
If your H.264 video isn't playing, it may be using an unsupported codec, or it might not meet the required specifications to work on the player. The video file might also just have the wrong extension.
- Check that your video file extension is .ts, .mov, .mp4, or .m2ts.
- Update the player firmware to the current production version to ensure full compatibility.
- Verify that the video bitrate is less than 25Mbps (or 40Mbps for XTx43, XDx33, and 4Kx42 players).
- Verify a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 (or 4096x2160 for XTx43, XDx33, and 4Kx42 players).
- If you are attempting to play portrait mode video (e.g. 1080x1920), ensure you are using the current production version of BrightAuthor and that the Monitor orientation of the presentation is set to "Portrait".
- Check the codec that the file is using. We support the H.264 codec in .mov/.mp4 files. Codecs like Apple ProRes, MJPEG, and Divx are not supported.
- Check the audio format: We only support .aac (CBR only) in MOV/MP4 files. PCM audio will fail to play.
- Check the Profile level. We support up to level 4.1.
Note: There are many programs you can use to convert one .mov/.mp4 codec to another. QuickTime Pro is an inexpensive program that effectively generates H.264 mov/mp4 files.