Two conditions must be met for Remote Snapshot to work on a player:
- The Enable Remote Snapshot box must be checked during the Device Setup process.
- The player must be running a presentation created in BrightAuthor 188.8.131.52 or later.
Even if a device has Remote Snapshot enabled, assigning it to a group that is running an older BrightAuthor presentation will prevent it from taking screenshots. The following are some options for updating the presentation in the group:
Important: Any of the following solutions may require you to update the firmware on your networked players.
Recreate the Presentation in a New Version of BrightAuthor
Use a contemporary version of BrightAuthor (184.108.40.206 or later) to create the presentation again and upload it to the BrightSign Network.
Export the Presentation from the Old Version of BrightAuthor
- Open the original presentation in the old version of BrightAuthor.
- Click File > Export <presentation name> to export the presentation.
- Install a contemporary version of BrightAuthor( 220.127.116.11 or later).
- Use this version to open the exported presentation.
- Save and upload the presentation to BSN.
Update the Autorun of the BSN Group
Because this solution may cause unexpected changes in presentation behavior, we recommend using a non-production group and player(s) to test this solution first before attempting it on units in the field.
- In BrightAuthor, log in to your BSN account.
- Navigate to Tools > Advanced.
- Click the Update Autorun tab.
- Check the boxes next to the group(s) you wish to use Remote Snapshot.
- Click Update now.