The following are requirements for still images to play successfully on a BrightSign player.
Unsupported JPEG Types
The following JPEG types are not supported on any BrightSign models:
- JPEG images that use the CMYK color space
- Grayscale or Black & White JPEG images
XTx44, XTx43, 4Kx42, XDx34, XDx33, XDx32, XDx30, HDx23, LS423, HDx22, HDx20, LS422, HDx10
- BMP: 8, 16, 24, and 32 bit
- PNG: 8, 16, and 24 bit
- The maximum supported image resolution is 4096x2160x32bpp for XTx43, 4Kx42, and XDx33 models, while other models support images up to 2048x1280x32bpp.
Tip: You can increase the maximum allowed width of images by sacrificing height (e.g. using a 4096x640x32bpp image on non-4K players is allowed). You can also increase the maximum width/height by reducing the bpp value (e.g. using a 4096x1280x16bpp on non-4K players is allowed).
- BMP - 8, 24, and 32 bit
- The maximum image resolution supported is 1280x720
- BMP: 8, 24, and 32 bit
- PNG and JPEG formats (progressive jpegs not supported)
- Maximum image resolution supported is 1920x1080