A factory reset will not erase the current firmware installed on the unit. Instead, it erases all values in the player registry, including all network settings, BrightSign Network recovery settings, touchscreen configuration settings, etc.
There are several ways to reset a player to factory defaults. Choose one of the methods below.
Note: The Control Button and Diagnostic Web Server methods require the player to be installed with firmware version 6.2.39 or later.
- Hold the SVC and Reset buttons.
- Apply power to the player
- Wait for the red Err LED to flash rapidly.
- Release the SVC and Reset buttons.
The error LED will stop flashing. The player will then boot up, reboot, and initialize with factory defaults.
Diagnostic Web Server (DWS)
- Access the DWS.
- Navigate to the CONTROL tab.
- Click the Factory Reset button.
Factory Reset Script
To reset your unit to factory default settings:
- Download the factory reset autorun.brs file by clicking here (the file is also available at the bottom of this article).
- Copy the autorun.brs file to the root directory of a blank SD card or USB thumbdrive.
- Insert the SD card or USB thumbdrive into the unit while it is powered off.
- Power on the unit. In a moment, you will see a yellow message on the screen that states "Deleting Recovery settings". You will then see this message: "Settings Deleted. Remove script from flash card, and Restart".
- The script will delete itself and restart the player when complete. Once restarted, you should see a BrightSign logo on the screen with the firmware version that is installed on the unit.