The BrightSign player implements the client identifier string as described in RFC4361. This is not necessarily the MAC address; it is a device unique identifier string that can be used to identify the device across many interfaces and protocols.
The player is using a valid client identifier as defined in the referenced RFC; a router or DHCP server should be able to handle it properly.
If your network environment requires the player to not broadcast its DUID, the attached scripts will allow you to disable DUID on the player. Follow these steps to apply the script to a player:
- Download the "DUID_autorun.brs" file attached to this article. If the player is connecting to a wireless network, download the "DUID_Wireless_autorun.brs" file.
- Rename the file "autorun.brs".
- Copy it to the root folder (e.g. "SD:/") of an SD card that is formatted using FAT 32.
- Power down the player.
- Insert the SD card into the player.
- Power on the player
- Wait a few moments, until the on-screen text instructs you to remove the SD card. Once the player is rebooted, it will no longer broadcast its DUID.