Last Updated: November 14, 2016
If the firmware update process has been interrupted, or if the firmware file has been corrupted, you may not be able to update the firmware on a player using the standard method. In these cases, you can perform an update using Secure Boot:
- Copy the .bsfw update file onto the root directory of the SD/microSD card.
- Power down the BrightSign player.
- Insert the card into the BrightSign player.
- Press and hold the SVC button.
- Power on the player while holding the SVC button.
- Hold the SVC button until the Pwr LED begins to flash. On older models, the Upd LED will turn on instead.
- Release the SVC button.
- Allow several minutes for the firmware update to complete.
- Once finished, the player should reboot and display the BrightSign logo, along with the new firmware version of the player.
Important: The secure-boot process does not work with firmware version 6.2.94 on exFAT formatted cards. To perform secure boot with 6.2.94, format the card using FAT32.