Any player model that has a USB port can use certain models of 4G/3G USB modem. Any USB modems that appear as standard serial ports (including the Pantech UML290 3G modem) should work.
Follow these steps to initialize a compatible USB modem:
- Download the autorun.brs file attached to this FAQ,
- Place the autorun file on the root folder of an SD card.
- Insert the card into a BrightSign player.
- Power up the player with the USB modem attached.
- Wait a minute or two for the configuration process to complete.
You can now set up the player normally using BrightAuthor, and the player will use the USB modem for any network connection attempts.
Contact email@example.com for additional assistance.