Any player model that has a USB port can use certain models of 4G/3G USB modem. Any USB modems that appear as standard serial ports (including the Pantech UML290 3G modem) should work.
Follow these steps to initialize a compatible USB modem:
- Download the autorun.brs file attached to this FAQ,
- Place the autorun file on the root folder of an SD card.
- Insert the card into a BrightSign player.
- Power up the player with the USB modem attached.
- Wait a minute or two for the configuration process to complete.
You can now set up the player normally using BrightAuthor, and the player will use the USB modem for any network connection attempts.
Contact email@example.com for additional assistance.
We have recently updated the support of cellular modems to include the Huawei K5160 4G USB Modem, for Vodafone UK.
Please open attached zip and follow the BSN USB Modem Setup procedure included in the zip. For this specific device, you will NOT use the attached autorun. The zip contains an updated setup file and plugin that enables support and keeps the modem active.