Yes, BrightSign players support both IPv4 and IPv6. To use IPv6, players must be running a 6.0.x or newer version of firmware. The IP version is selected automatically when the player connects to a network--there is no need to configure the player for IPv6.
Please note the following:
- The BrightSign Network is not yet available via IPv6.
- Network interfaces on the player automatically assign themselves a link-local IPv6 address.
- SLAAC (automatic routable IPv6 address allocation) is supported if a router sends router advertisements.
- Players support RDNSS and DNSSL for DNS configuration from router advertisements.
- Players support DHCPv6 in combination with router advertisements.