Last Updated: February 19, 2015
Encoding the Media
For Seamless Video Looping Only
- 4Kx42: Supports seamless looping of H.265 .mp4 files.
- 4Kx42, XDx32, XDx30, HDx22, HDx20, LS422: Supports seamless looping of H.264 .mov or .mp4 files. These models do not support seamless looping of transport streams.
- HDx10: Can seamlessly loop an H.264 transport stream (which does not use an .mov or .mp4 container).
For Seamless Audio and Video Looping
- 4Kx42: Supports seamless audio/video looping of .mp4 files with H.265 encoded video and PCM encoded audio.
- 4Kx42, XDx32, XDx30, HDx22, HDx20, LS422: Supports seamless audio/video looping of .mov or .mp4 files with H.264 encoded video and PCM encoded audio.
- HDx10: Does not support seamless audio/video looping.
Note: The PCM audio must use the SOWT codec for seamless audio/video looping to work.
For Seamless Video Wall Looping
We recommend using BrightWall to create a seamless-looping video wall.
- Video only: The video should be formatted as an .mp4 file.
- Video and audio: The video and audio should be formatted as an .mp4 file. The audio must be encoded as SOWT PCM.
Creating a Presentation
You can use either a simple BrightAuthor interactive playlist or a script to loop a single video.
If the BrightAuthor project has a single video, with no Media End event connecting it to another state or to itself, it will loop seamlessly.
Note: In BrightAuthor versions 4.1.0.x and later, you will need to specify the Loop media option in the Media Properties of the video state.
Copy the following script to a text file and rename it "autorun.brs". Change the filename of "video.ts" in the script to match the video you wish to loop.