Last Updated: March 12, 2015
You can manually edit Live Text fields using BrightAuthor and republish the presentation. Alternatively, you can use an RSS feed or BSN Live Data feed to remotely update a Live Text field.
- In BrightAuthor, open a Live Text state.
- Select the Live Text item you wish to change.
- Select a Fixed text item and enter the new text.
- Publish the updated project (locally or to the network, depending on the configuration of your unit).
You will need to configure the Live Text state to receive updates:
- In BrightAuthor, navigate to File > Presentation Properties > Data Feeds.
- Click Add Data Feed: If you're hosting your own RSS feed, select Url and enter the URL of the feed; if you're using a BSN Live Data Feed, select Live Data Feed and select the feed from the dropdown list.
- Open a Live Text state.
- Select a text box or add one using the Add Item button.
- Use the Type dropdown list, select Live Text Data, and choose the Data Feed you created in Step 2.
- Enter an Item title or Item index number for the Live Text item. The feed item (RSS or Live Data) that matches this value will be displayed in the text box.
- Once you have finished configuring the Live Text state, publish the presentation to your player.
Now, all you need to do to modify the text box is to edit the Value/Description of the feed item associated with that text box.