Last Updated: February 16, 2017
You can do this very easily in BrightAuthor. To send a non-printing character, use the Send -- Serial byte command to send the decimal value of the non printing character.
For example, if you need to send the serial string ESC A to turn on your display, follow these steps:
- Create an Interactive presentation in BrightAuthor (see Chapter 4 -- Making a Presentation Interactive in the BrightAuthor User Guide for more details).
- Open the media state or event where you want to send the command.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Use the Add Command button to add two commands.
- Set the first command to a Send -- Serial byte. Enter "27", which is the decimal value for ESC.
- Set the second command to Send -- Serial string (no EOL). Enter the letter "A".
Note: The Port should be set to 0 for most standard serial devices.