Last Updated: September 4, 2015
The Live Text state allows you to overlay dynamic or static text over an image (or over a video if the state is left transparent). You can add Live Text states to any Video Only or Video or Image zone (as long as the zone is interactive). Note that you cannot use Live Text states in Ticker zones.
- Create a BrightAuthor project with at least one Video Only or Video or Images zone.
- Verify that the zone is set to interactive.
- Click on the Other tab under Media Library
- Drag and drop the Live Text icon onto the playlist.
- Enter a State name for the Live Text state.
- Select a Background Image if desired. If you do not specify a background image, the text may display on top of a video, an image in a Background Images zone, or the background color of the presentation (depending on the other zones and Z-order settings in the presentation).
- Add one or more Live Text items (fields) and adjust the settings for those fields.
With BrightAuthor 2.4 and later, a newly added text field will have the same properties as the currently selected text field. Also, you can use the Offset next option to add fields using an X,Y offset. This makes it easy to line up fields and space them consistently.
See the Live Text documentation to learn about all of the options in a Live Text state.