Last Updated: September 3, 2015
A Local Playlist allows you to customize which Dynamic Playlist is used in a presentation depending on the player. For example, if you have BrightSign players at a dozen different locations, and the content of the players is similar except for a few variations, you only need to create and publish a single presentation that uses a Local Playlist, rather than a dozen different presentations.
Note: The Local Playlist feature is only available for players on the BrightSign Network.
Follow these steps to use a Local Playlist in your project:
- Open your BrightAuthor project or create a new one.
- Click the Other tab in the Media Library.
- Drag and drop a Local Playlist where you would normally add a Dynamic Playlist or other media feed.
- Enter a unique State name.
- Select a desired Default playlist. If no Dynamic Playlist is assigned to a player, then it will automatically use the Default playlist instead. Note that if a player is not assigned a Dynamic Playlist and no default is set for the Local Playlist, then the player will skip to the next item in the presentation.
- Select the desired Playlist for each player connected to your BrightSign Network account.
- Upload the presentation to the BrightSign Network and assign it to the desired group(s).
This screenshot shows a Local Playlist added to a looping playlist. Note that the images before and after the Local Playlist will be the same for all players that use the presentation--only the content of the Local Playlist will differ.
Note: Local Playlist is not a WebUI feature yet. In the WebUI, you can manage content within a Dynamic Playlists, but you can't choose which Dynamic Playlist plays where. You can only do this in BrightAuthor.