Last Updated: October 23, 2015
You can easily add a Flickr Photostream to your BrightAuthor playlist using a Media RSS (MRSS) state.
Note: Flickr Albums are not currently supported.
Finding the MRSS URL for Your Photostream
The BrightAuthor MRSS state requires that you know the URL of your Flickr MRSS feed. Follow these steps to find it:
- Go to the Photostream page of your Flickr account.
- Copy the URL of your Photostream page (e.g. "https://www.flickr.com/photos/XXXXXXX/")
- Go to this page: http://idgettr.com/.
- Paste the URL of your Photostream page into the field and click Find. The page will return your id below
- Replace "XXXXXX" in the following URL with your id. This is the URL for your Photostream MRSS feed.
Adding a MRSS State to Your BrightAuthor Presentation
- In BrightAuthor, navigate to the Edit > Playlist.
- Click the Other tab under Media Library.
- Drag and drop the Media RSS Feed icon into your playlist. This will open the RSS Feed window.
- Select Add Data Feed.
- Enter a Feed Name.
- Under Feed Specification, select Url and enter the URL for your Photostream MRSS feed.
- Under Data feed content usage, select MRSS Feed.
- Enter an Update Interval to determine how frequently the player should check the Photostream MRSS feed for updates.
- Click Validate to ensure that you entered the feed URL correctly, then click OK.