Last Updated: October 28, 2015
When you create or edit a BrightAuthor project, you can change the audio output settings for the current project in the Zone Properties window.
- Select the Video Only, Video or Images, Audio Only, or Enhanced Audio zone you wish to edit in the Edit > Layout tab.
- Click the Zone Properties button.
- Audio Output: Use these checkboxes to select which output(s) you want the zone to use (SPDIF output is not available on all models). For the HDMI/SPDIF checkboxes, determine whether you want the audio to be output as Pass through or Stereo:
- Pass through: Supplies the un-decoded audio signal through the connector. Use this option if the zone audio (for example, AC3 Dolby Digital) is being decoded on an external device.
- Stereo: Supplies the decoded audio signal through the connector.
You can also change the following options:
- Audio Mixing: Determine whether to send the Left signal, Right signal, or the full Stereo signal.
- Initial volume (Audio): Set the initial volume for audio files (0-100).
- Initial volume (Video): Set the initial volume for video files (0-100).
- Minimum Volume: Set the minimum volume for the zone (0-100).
- Maximum Volume: Set the maximum volume for the zone (0-100). This setting can be overridden by other volume settings in a presentation, including the Initial Volume setting for the zone and volume commands attached to events or states.
- Fade (in seconds):(Enhanced Audio zones only) Specify the duration of cross-fading between audio files, as well as the fade in and fade out durations at the beginning and ending of a playlist.