Effective as of May 3, 2018
When you interact with us through our Site or Products, we collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Automatically Collected Data: When you interact with BrightSign through the Site or any Product, we receive and store certain information, which is collected passively using various technologies, as described below:
In operating the Site, we use a technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Site gives to your browser when you access the Site. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site and help us analyze Site usage more accurately. In particular:
- Our Site may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Site without needing enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site;
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
To find out more about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies and similar technologies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you visit our Site or use the Products, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. This log data includes web pages visited, browser type and settings, length of visit, the date and time of your request, and product features you use. The Site also automatically captures your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (from which we determine the country you are connecting from at the time you visit the Site). BrightSign uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movement, ensure the security of your interaction with the Site and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
Marketing purposes: BrightSign [and its affiliates] may use your contact details to contact you in the future to tell you about products or services we believe will be of interest to you, as well as upcoming events or other promotions. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated in the Contacting BrightSign section at the end of this document.
Where required by applicable law (for example, if you are an EU data subject), we will only send you marketing information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data (and such consent will be our legal basis for processing your Personal Data for such purpose). When you provide us with your consent to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to “opt-out” of receiving marketing communication in each marketing email we send you or by contacting us as indicated below.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
BrightSign is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties, as set forth below:
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Agents, Consultants and Other Service Providers: BrightSign, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions or work for BrightSign to provide the Products to you. These parties may include Email automation services, hosting and cloud computing service providers, payment processors, customer service, website analytics companies, providers of CRM, and marketing and sales software solutions. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
Legal Requirements: BrightSign may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of BrightSign, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or Products or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
EU DATA SUBJECTS
BrightSign is the data controller for processing your Personal Data. Please see the Contacting BrightSign section below to find out how to contact us.
Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details (this process requires that we confirm your identity and EU citizenship). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: Effective 25 May 2018, you have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as indicated in the Contacting BrightSign section at the end of this document.
You can visit certain portions of the Site and use certain portions of the Products without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Site or Products.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND PRODUCTS
BrightSign takes reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site and Products from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, Email or messages sent to or from the Site or Products may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to BrightSign via the Internet.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCESS TO INFORMATION; CONTACTING BRIGHTSIGN
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Site or Products.
You may contact us by Email at email@example.com or by post at:
983-A University Ave.
Los Gatos, CA 95032