Last Updated: October 20, 2016
The BrightSign Network is an affordable subscription-based content hosting and distribution service, providing the complete infrastructure to serve and support your digital signage network. It makes delivering remote content to one or many units a breeze and frees you from the complexities of hosting and maintaining your own network.
The BrightSign Network offers strong, reliable security using standard web technologies, and it is a scalable service that can support any size of network. It also includes the BrightAuthor PC software application, which provides the interface to not only monitor your network health, but also create, schedule and distribute presentations. BrightSign Network delivers the convenience and security required to support networked digital signs wherever they may be.
Find out more here.
The BrightSign Network offers a browser-based user interface that allows you to schedule presentations and manage players from anywhere with an Internet connection. You can use the WebUI to do the following:
Note: BrightAuthor is still required for many advanced presentation creation features.
- Upload image, audio, video files to the BSN Library.
- Create and publish simple looping presentations with images, video, and audio.
- Create Dynamic Playlists, Live Media feeds, and Live Data feeds.
- Organize players into customizable groups.
- Schedule presentations for groups of players.
- Add customizable tags to content files and players.
- Use tags to generate filtered playlists.
- Monitor the health of players connected to the BrightSign Network.
- Send reboot, recovery, and upload log commands to networked players.
- Monitor the statuses of networked players: This includes the current active presentation, total network traffic, and device error logs.
- Generate various playback logs (Event, State, Diagnostic, Playback) to keep records of player and presentation activity.
- View the subscription status of players.
- Add purchased subscriptions to players. You can also choose to have the BrightSign Network automatically manage your purchased subscriptions (which is the default setting).
BrightPlates is a browser-based service that allows you to quickly and easily craft professional digital signs using HTML5 templates. You can select from our collection of default templates, build your own from scratch, or connect with content partners to craft your own look. After crafting your sign, it only takes a few clicks to distribute it to networked players and send instantaneous updates.