Setting up a player with Simple File Networking
From the BrightAuthor:connected Dashboard select New Device Setup or navigate to Admin > Device Setup to set up a new device.
The BrightAuthor:connected New Device Setup allows you to configure the network settings of your BrightSign player and the URL that the player will check for content updates.
- Navigate to Device Type and select Simple File Networking.
- Enter the URL that corresponds to the location where your files are accessible in the URL for Web Folder field.
- (Optional) Enter a User Name and Password to enable digest authentication between the BrightSign player and the server.
- Click on Save Setup Files to write the network. Then, unzip the setup folder that was created and transfer the setup files to a blank SD card.
- Insert the SD card in your BrightSign player and power it on.
Note: Only check the Enable Basic Authentication box if it is absolutely required by the configuration of your server. This option causes the player to pass credentials to the web server in unsecured packets.
At this stage, the BrightSign player will run a network configuration script and attempt to download the presentation from the specified HTTP web server.
Depending on the size of your published presentation and the quality of the internet connection, this step could take some time to complete. Once completed, the player should begin playback of the published presentation.