I have a project involving interactivity that I don't know yet how to tackle. I suppose I'll use Bluetooth beacons, but it might change.
Here's the project :
Having a display, with a BrightSign player, looping on a playlist. Some user could (if wanted) install an app on his handheld device (both iOS or Android). With said app, he could set an account with prefered content type (for instance : sports, movies, news, etc.). When a user, with the app already set, approaches the display, the content automatically switches to his prefered content. Then, with a timer, the BrightSign player switches back to the previous content.
Here's how I imaginated it :
Developping an app with only two features :
- Create a user account and login.
- Write/Read an online database with username, prefered content (chosen from a pre-defined list), and BlueTooth ID of the device (physical address, MAC address).
Having a BrightSign player with a BlueTooth beacon, playing an interactive playlist with :
- an infinite loop of media.
- When the beacon connects to the BlueTooth of a nearby smartphone, it reads its ID (physical/MAC address).
- The BrightSign unit then compares the BlueTooth ID to the online database to learn the prefered content associated with this ID.
- The BrightSign player then switches to another set of content with a TimeOut Event.
- When the time runs out, it switches back to its original content.
Here are my questions :
- How can I set an interactive event linked to a BlueTooth Beacon event?
- How can I link the BrightSign presentation to an online database?
- How would you (anyone?) do it?
Many thanks for your answers,