We are pleased to announce the beta release of BrightSign Firmware 1.1 (version 1.1.28) and Autorun.bas script version 1.1 (version 1.1.7). This build is a release candidate.
Autorun.bas 1.1 includes:
- New Playlist! feature - Now, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s even easier to play a list of images, mp3s, or mpegs with a simple text file.
- New Mouse Rollover feature - rollover regions added so you can update UI based on mouse movements, allowing more advanced mouse driven displays
- Fixed for orientation issue where some Elo touch screens reverse coordinates
- Fixed issue a single line playlist generated an error
- Please note autorun.bas 1.1 no longer supports autoplay1.bmp, autoplay2.bmp, etc for playing back a list of images. You must use a playlist or autoplay.csv.
- New View Mode video display option added so that MPEG2 aspect radio can be maintained during playback.
- New Roku Serial object - supports reading from and writing to serial port
- New Channel specific volume control
- New SPDIF modes including raw AC3 output over SPDIF
- New Boot Options - Users can now write boot logo and boot script, both are stored in NOR Flash
- USB audio playback now chooses best sample rate supported by speakers
- 8 bit bitmaps including RLE now supported
- Added support for 8-bit bitmap files
- Improved mpeg and mpeg2 video compatibility
- Improved Compact Flash card compatibility
- Numerous BrightScript improvements
- Fixed: Delay when using autoplay.mpg to loop single video
- Improvement in the logic used to mount FAT volumes. 1. It now deals correctly with a card which didn't have a partition table (MBR in sector 0) and then got a partition table (which only partially overlaps the MBR). This problem caused some files that were visible in windows to not showup on the BrightSign. 2. If a partition table incorrectly marks the type of FAT volume in a partition, we now correctly detect it anyway.
- New roDeviceInfo object - see usage example below
roDeviceInfo Example -------------------------------- i = CreateObject("roDeviceInfo") print i.GetModel() HD600 print i.GetVersion() 1.1.25 print i.GetVersionNumber() 65817
Attention! Custom Script Users
In 1.1 we added the Ã¢â‚¬Å“BooleanÃ¢â‚¬