The nitty gritty:
Brightsign hardware - XD1230
BA Version - 3.5.024
Firmware - 4.4.44
I'm trying to schedule a single project to be onscreen during our library's open hours.
When I publish a schedule that is active all the time, I have no issues. But we don't want the screens in use 24/7
When I publish a schedule that includes recurring times, it doesn't seem to work, when I publish the presentation with a schedule, the screens are black. The box is giving no errors (no red light) so it just appears that the box thinks it's off.
There are three recurring schedule events:
recurring weekly - every sunday - scheduled project presentation 12:30pm to 5:00 pm
recurring every weekday (Monday through Friday) - scheduled presentation 9:30am to 8:00pm
recurring weekly - every Saturday - scheduled project presentation 9:30am to 5:00 pm
The steps I use to create the recurring events is as follows:
1. Drag the presentation from the presentation selection box to a calendar day (let's say Saturday as the example)
2. I double click on the presentation name now that it's on Saturday so the options dialog opens up.
3. I set the time I want the presentation to be running (9:30am to 5pm in this case)
4. I say that it should be a recurring weekly event. I click on the Saturday radio button as the day, no end date radio button
5. I click on ok,
6. I then do the same process for Sunday weekly recurring event and Monday through Friday recurring weekday event.
7. I save the schedule
8. I publish to my local webfolder, use dreamweaver to upload the modified files to the website that the brightsign box is configured for.
Our box is getting it's time from nist1-sj.ustiming.org (I know it's working because the clock and date zones on my presentation display the information correctly)
I have saved the schedule using BA and named it libraryopenhours it saves to my project folder.
I publish to my publishing folder as I'm using simple file network, then I use dreamweaver to upload the updated published files (including the /pool/ subfolder)
What am I missing?
Do I also need to place the schedule xml file in my webfolder for the brightsign box to process, or do the current-sync and local-sync files take care of this?
Are there any other necessary files that should be in my webfolder for the schedule to work correctly when published as such?