I'd like to know whether there is a mechanism securing who might take ownership of a BrightSign player during device provisioning (B-Deploy, BrightAuthor:connected). Device provisioning seems to be designed to be used remotely (in which case BrightAuthor:connected cannot "see" the player on its LAN to validate ownership), and contrary to the activation procedure, there is no local user interaction required with the player.
Let's take an example:
- User A purchases a device, which happens to have the S/N "A".
- User A receives the new device "A", but requests device provisioning for another device with S/N "B" by mistake.
- User B purchases a device, which happens to be the one with S/N "B".
- User B receives the new device "B" and requests device provisioning for it.
- Whom will device "B" be assigned to in the end?
Another case: user A sells a device to user B, but without removing the device from BrightAuthor:connected. How can user B take ownership of the device through device provisioning?
If someone knows, please let me know.
Thank you very much for your reading.