I'm trying to create a presentation that will do the following:
- Sit at a waiting screen, wait for a UDP packet
- Once it gets UDP packet var1:some_data transition to the next screen
- some_data would contain a specific image that i'd like the device to load. The image is on a local network NAS
- IF it gets a new var1:some_other_data, loop and display the new image
- IF it gets a action_stop UDP reset back to the home screen
Specifically, I have some additional questions:
- Is it possible to test the UDP control when in brightauthor and previewing? I can't get the preview to respond, i think it has to be deployed to actual device?
- It seems not possible to load an image from a network share, correct?
- My workaround to item 2 was as follows:
- Use HTML5 control that hits a custom webserver, something like myurl.com/load_image?var1(From UDP)
- Is it possible to take the variable var1 that comes across from UDP and populate that in the querystring of the HTML5 request?
- The web server would take whatever image is request and render it
Is there a better / easier way to do this?
I need to be able to display 4 images, i planned on having 4 zones, can this be done?
I considered using a RSS/media feed solution, but i need it be fairly responsive in loading the image in response to the UDP command.